CAT is one of the most sought-after exams for graduate management programs, and every year aspirants prepare for the exam in the hope of giving new heights to their careers. This year is no different, and preparation for the CAT 2022 has already begun. BYJU’s Exam Prep can be your own personal guidance in manoeuvring through the syllabus of the CAT exam and excel it in one go.
CAT stands for Common Admission Test that is held every year for admission to postgraduate admission programs in reputed government and private B-schools in India. The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) conducts the examination across all the major cities in India, and every year lakhs of candidates appear for this examination.
The eligibility for the CAT examination remains the same. The candidates must secure at least 50% in their bachelor’s degree for the general category and 45% for other categories like ST/SC, differently-abled, etc.
CAT syllabus 2022
The very first step towards clearing the CAT 2022 is to know everything about the CAT syllabus 2022. The syllabus has not changed in the last few years, and the exam pattern and syllabus remain the same as last year. The syllabus of the CAT exam is vast and divided into three parts.
1. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
2. Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
3. Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
The IIMs have not released any official notification for the syllabus, but the pattern can be derived from the previous examinations, and the syllabus has not changed in many years. It is important for candidates to have a clear understanding of the CAT syllabus 2022, and what they can expect in exams so that they can prepare accordingly.
Changes in CAT syllabus in the last two years
As mentioned earlier, there have been no major changes in the CAT syllabus and exam pattern in the last few years. The only change to be noted is the reduction in the number of questions. Previously, the number of questions was 100, which was reduced to 76 in 2020 and further reduced to 66 in 2021.
|Parameters||Changes in CAT 2020||Changes in CAT 2021|
|Questions from CAT||76||66|
Best tips to prepare for the CAT 2022
For the candidates who are preparing for CAT 2022, it is mandatory to have a clear understanding of the CAT syllabus, weightage to each section, and start preparing in advance. BYJU’s Exam Prep comes in handy at the time of preparation because here you get information and guidance that helps you navigate the vast syllabus of CAT 2022.
Preparation tips for CAT 2022 syllabus
- The most important tip for cracking CAT 2022 is to analyse the CAT 2022 syllabus, paper pattern, types of questions asked in the exam, and the weightage.
- Prepare a plan to divide equal time to all three sections, and start by working on weak topics.
- Choose the right book, study method, and guidance to cover the syllabus, so that you have solid clarity of concepts, and a strong foundation. Clear concepts help you solve questions of varying complexity and crack exams.
- Practice by solving previous year’s papers as it helps you understand your accuracy, manage time and prepare you for the exam.
- Keep a note of formulas, tricks, and small notes that need regular revision.
- Have a thorough idea of the CAT 2022 syllabus so that you can avoid wasting time on unimportant topics. Do remember quality always helps over quantity.
- Use the CAT mock test after each topic, analyse it, check your mistakes, and improve as the mock test helps you understand your preparedness.
The CAT exam is no easy feat, and candidates prepare for this exam all year rather than waiting until the last moment. Stay focused, and choose the correct methods like The BYJU’s Exam Prepto get results that matter.